Board of Directors
The HHS/ED Children's Center is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization which is sponsored by the Departments of Education and Health & Human Services, and is governed by a Board of Directors in the District of Columbia. Board members serve for two-year terms, and the Board holds monthly meetings which alternate between in-person meetings and teleconferences.
The current Board members are:
- Alicia Swenson O'Brien, President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ruthanne Buck, Vice President
- Geeta Taylor, Secretary (email@example.com)
- Brent Harvey, Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dean Armandroff
- Chris Barlow
- Ruthanne Buck
- Bliss Buffington
- John English
- Harmony Johnson
- Ann Nguyen
- Averi Pakulis
- Jessica Ramakis
- Laura Shipley
- Shaw Vanze
- Elizabeth Wessel
The Board of Directors of the Center has meetings each month, alternating between in-person meetings and teleconferences. If you are interested in attending, contact the Board Secretary (info above) for more information. All parents are welcome and encouraged to attend.
For the 2016-17 year, our meeeting schedule is:
- Monday, October 17, 2016 (Switzer 2201) (ANNUAL MEETING)
- Monday, November 21, 2016 (Switzer 2201)
- Monday, December 19, 2016 (call-in)
- Monday, January 23, 2017 (Switzer 2201)
- Monday, February 27, 2017 (call-in)
- Monday, March 20, 2017 (Switzer 2201)
- Monday, April 17, 2017 (call-in)
- Monday, May 15, 2017 (Switzer 2201)
- Monday, June 19, 2017 (call-in)
- Monday, July 17, 2017 (Switzer 2201)
- Monday, August 21, 2017 (call-in)
All meetings are from 12-1:00.
Interested in Joining?
If you're interested in joining the Center's Board of Directors, head over to documents page and download an application.