Welcome to the HHS/ED Children's Center!
The Center closure calendar for the 2014-2015 year is now available.
The next two Board Meetings will be held on November 17th, 2014 at 12pm. See here for details!
The HHS/ED Children's Center is a not-for-profit child care and development center sponsored by the Departments of Education and Health & Human Services. Established in 1974, the Center offers a whole-child approach to early education, emphasizing play, learning, the arts, and nurturing. The Center is operated by Executive Child Development Center, a not-for-profit organization which has been providing state-of-the-art early childhood education since 1975. The Center is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
Open from 7:00 AM until 6:00 PM daily, the Center accepts children from six weeks of age through the pre-kindergarten years. Much more than just daycare, our program features the following:
- loving, well-trained teachers with continuing education in the field of early childhood development;
- a quality curriculum based on developmentally-appropriate practices and geared towards the whole child;
- a beautiful, recently-renovated facility located a Federal building, as well as an outdoor playground also on Federal property;
- catered lunches, and morning and afternoon snacks;
- field trips, as well as music, sports, and art classes for the older children.
Please use the links at the left to learn more about our Center!