Welcome to the HHS/ED Children's Center!
It's that time of year again -- time for the Combined Federal Campaign! The CFC provides one of the simplest and most effective ways to support the Center, either as a one-time donation or as an ongoing payroll deduction. Our CFC program number is 49995; you can make your donation online or on the CFC pledge form distributed by your workplace. For more information, see our contribution page, and thanks for helping keep the Center fantastic!
The Center closure calendar for the 2012-2013 year is now available.
The next Board Meeting will be held on December 3rd, 2012 at 12:00 PM; see here for details.
The HHS/ED Children's Center is a not-for-profit child care and development center sponsored by the Departments of Education and Health & Human Services. Established in 1974, the Center offers a whole-child approach to early education, emphasizing play, learning, the arts, and nurturing. The Center is operated by Executive Child Development Center, a not-for-profit organization which has been providing state-of-the-art early childhood education since 1975. The Center is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
Open from 7:00 AM until 6:00 PM daily, the Center accepts children from six weeks of age through the pre-kindergarten years. Much more than just daycare, our program features the following:
- loving, well-trained teachers with continuing education in the field of early childhood development;
- a quality curriculum based on developmentally-appropriate practices and geared towards the whole child;
- a beautiful, recently-renovated facility located a Federal building, as well as an outdoor playground also on Federal property;
- catered lunches, and morning and afternoon snacks;
- field trips, as well as music, sports, and art classes for the older children.
Please use the links at the left to learn more about our Center!